Monday, January 28, 2008

Assignment 2

According to Milton, why or how does truth become a "heresy" if a person only believes things because his pastor or his government tells him so? Why does Milton find that dangerous? Do you agree with Milton? Why?

According to Milton, the truth becomes an opinion and distorted if a person believes only what his pastor or his government recites to him because the person is not thinking for himself and does not gaining knowledge from his own thoughts and reasoning. As a human race, we have the free will to express our feelings and thoughts about the ideas around us and to challenge them. Milton finds this dangerous because we should not be controlled by the government and be brainwashed by their ideas. We are all different and some ideas may not work for others. I agree with Milton because we have natural rights, and the free will to come up with our own reasoning without people interfering with us. There would be less problems in the world if the government was less involved in our lives. Individuals should be allowed access to ideas so that they could make up their own minds.

3 comments:

Mizunke360 said...

I agree, the government should not intervene with everything we do. We have natural rights as people, and the less the government intrudes, the better.

forever29 said...

Unfortunetly the government is not less involved in our lives but that is only becuase everytime we turn around we are asking the government to fix our problems. Government has gained more and more control because people complain about what is going on and tell the governemnt to fix it. I'm not saying that I am happy about it, but in the area of censorship people complain to the government about lack of censorship in certain areas and the government does what they can to fix it. I don't believe that it is fixing the situation and it is perhaps making things worse.

Anonymous said...

I agree with what you wrote people should have the right to express and speak up. People should not go for what the pastor or the government says. Often times the government has more control upon us human beings.