"Of course Hispanics will vote for Clinton because they would not want a black president in office."
http://blowmeuptom.com/
I was listening to The Tom Leykis Show yesterday in the afternoon on 97.1 FM radio station. Tom recieved an email from an anonymous woman who stated, "Hispanics will vote for Clinton because they do not want a black president." He asked his Hispanic and African American audience to call in and see if this is true and their opinion on it. Many called and were outrage by the idea, and others said that this was true and many Hispanics are racist. It got me thinking, and in some cases this is true. In Mexico, many Mexicans are in fact racist against their people based on the color of skin. This kind of thinking comes from generation to generation. It depends how you were raised and the people you are assoicated with. I am Mexican American myself, and I do not think like this. I accept everyone eventhough I was raised with parents who are racist in my opinion. Mixing with different races in dating realm is a big NO in my family. I could really careless what they think, and I am educated enough to make my own decisions. I can relate to this because I have seen it everywhere in my life. I have noticed that Clinton won the majority vote in California in the Primary Election. I wonder what was the percentage of Hispanics who voted for her in the election. So is this true that Hispanics prefer to vote for anyone else except an African American? It's sad to say that this may be true in some cases. Does anyone have an opinion about this topic?
I love Tom Leykis! Most women hate him, but he speaks the truth.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
wow~ I had no idea about this!
I guess that this issue does not
only involve the Latinos, but also
other races that are in especially
California. Who would the Japanese, Chinese, Indonesian, Persian....would vote for?
I cannot tell you how much I dislike Tom Leykis. He's just some creepy old guy who lives vicariously through young, idealistic, men. He gives advice on how to sleep with women without having to spend a dime. He is very good at talking down to people who don't agree with him and making them feel small. I especially dislike that he never gives people a proper chance to contest his points. Whenever someone calls in with a valid arguement against him, his speaking slows down and he lets silence fill the void. Eventually he gives some petty excuse for not wanting to talk with the person anymore and hangs up on them.
Although I completely agree with most of the things he says, I am not the type to comepletely disregard someone because I don't agree with everything they say. He does make a few good points on things like not having children until you are financially ready and things like that. Despite those few glimmers of light, the man is quite pitiful. It's a shame that so many people follow his word like Gospel.
OMG, I am soooo glad that someone brought up these issues because I've been dying to talk about them! :)
My experience has been that no matter where you go, you'll find a negative type of prejudice. I say negative because there is also a positive type of prejudice, like the kind that parents have for their own kids. You know what I mean when parents say things like, "but I could be prejudiced" when praising their children's accomplishments.
I'm very much aware of the racism that exists in Mexico and the social divisions between those of primarily European Spanish heritage, the Mestizos, and the indigenous people. That kind of social stratification is especially strong in areas where Europeans brought their "enlightened" way of thinking. However, it also exists in cultures where European influence is not as strong or where colonialism is not an issue.
Egypt, for example, is the United States of the Mediterranean basin. It is home to many displaced people like Armenians, Greeks, and Palestinians. Over the years, they have melded together into one cohesive society, intermarried, and consider themselves Egyptians. Although Egypt was briefly occupied by Napoleon and later the British, their overall influence on the culture as a whole has been very minimal. While there truly isn't a big hoopla made over someone's color and it is quite common to find very dark people married to very light ones, you'll still find negative prejudices over the dumbest things like curly hair!
And as for Tom Leykis, I used to listen him years ago when he was part of the KFI daily line-up. I think he had the time spot that John & Ken now have. He drove me absolutely crazy most of the time, but every now and then he'd impart a word of wisdom worth listening to. I wasn't sad when he disappeared from the station, though, and I never went looking for him on another one, LOL!
Post a Comment